5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Knee Injury In Rhode Island?
Knee injuries are one of the most common injuries that adults may have to deal with. ACL tears alone account for upwards of 200,000 knee injuries each year. While many of these injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes, slips and falls, and workplace injuries are all common causes of knee injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a knee injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with a loss of income. An experienced Providence Knee Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Different Types of Knee Injuries
Knee pain can be caused by all sorts of injuries, caused by anything from sports accidents to car crashes. The most common types of knee injuries include:
- ACL Injuries - A tear in one of the ligaments that hold your shinbone to your thighbone
- Fractures in the Knee - When one of the bones in the knee breaks or is crushed in an impact
- Torn Meniscus - When the tough cartilage between your shinbone and thighbone is torn
- Knee Bursitis - Inflammation of the bursa sacs on the outside of the knee joint
- Patellar Tendinitis - Irritation and inflammation of one or more of the tendons
Who is responsible for a knee injury?
Responsibility for a knee injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a knee injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a knee injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in knee injuries?
Knee injuries can have a variety of causes. Sports-related accidents are a common cause, as are causes due to overexertion. Some incidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents can easily cause knee injuries. The impact of a car accident, even a minor one, is enough to severely damage the vulnerable knee joint.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Knee injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is nothing protecting your body from being struck by a vehicle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Slip and falls are a common cause of knee injuries. Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall, and slip their knee out of place.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including severe knee injuries.
- Workplace Injuries - Since knee injuries are commonly caused by excessive strain over time, or by lifting more than you can reasonably handle, it is an injury commonly caused on the job.
How can I tell if my knee injury is serious?
Knee injuries have a high possibility of being severe, thus causing immobility and serious disruption to your life. Here are some red flags indicating that you should seek medical assistance for a knee injury:
- Knee instability (if your knee gives out when putting your weight on it)
- Serious swelling
- Inability to fully extend or fully bend your knee
- Severe knee pain following an injury
Can you sue someone for a knee injury?
If another person causes you to suffer a knee injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally injures your spinal cord, such as if they did not ensure their property was safe, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a knee injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a knee injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a knee injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Knee Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence knee injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your knee or other personal injury case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles knee and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE KNEE INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Knee Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with knee injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting knee or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a knee or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a knee injury. Contact me now for help.