5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in the State of Rhode Island?
Insurance companies will act aggressively and try to make you settle for less than you deserve. With us by your side, we'll negotiate a fair settlement for you and won't back down until you receive every penny that you deserve.
You never have to ride alone with Louis W. Grande on your side.
Aggressive and committed, Louis W. Grande will help you with:
- Lost wages: You may be laid up in a hospital bed for months, and your earning capacity may be diminished. We'll pursue compensation for current and future earnings lost.
- Medical bills: We'll file insurance claims with your insurer, and we can file a personal injury claim if your medical bills exceed your policy's coverage.
- Pain and suffering: Your pain and suffering can be chronic, leaving you with a lifelong struggle. Our lawyers will pursue compensation for the physical and emotional injuries you sustained in your motorcycle accident.
- Property damage: Your property (i.e. your motorcycle) may be totaled or require repairs. We'll pursue damages to your property, too.
We help you or your loved one's fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve. Motorcycle accidents can be deadly, or they can leave you with severe injuries, piles of medical bills and the inability to work.
As a Providence motorcycle accident lawyer, I will fight on your behalf to ensure that you're made whole again.
Rhode Island's motorcycle accidents are becoming increasingly deadly, but one thing remains the same: insurance companies continue to try paying the least amount possible to injured motorcyclists.
I'll push back against aggressive insurance company lawyers because you're our first priority.
Rhode Island Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle accidents in Rhode Island are deadlier today than they were in 2016.
- Deaths rose from 4 in 2016 to 17 in 2018 – a 325% increase
- Alcohol is involved 42% of motorcycle accidents
- Speed is a factor in 44% of motorcycle accidents
- 77,700+ motorcycle operators are endorsed in the state
- 42% of motorcycle accidents involve riders ages 21 to 34
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Your accident is unique, but with rising motorcycle deaths, we're starting to see the same types of injuries time and time again for the lucky riders that are still alive to tell their stories.
Injuries that are most common include:
- Arm and leg injuries: Bikers brace for impact with their arms first – when possible. Landing on your arms may stop serious head or facial damage, but it can also lead to nerve damage and broken bones as well as shoulder and wrist injuries. Legs can also be injured as long with feet, knee leg and ankle injuries, including fractures, bone breaks, and muscle, ligament or nerve damage.
- Degloving: A painful and even deadly injury that involves the removal of skin from tissue. Large sections of skin can be impacted and require surgery. Skin grafts may be required, and in the most serious accidents, amputation may be necessary.
- Head injuries: Helmets protect a motorcyclist's head, but brain and head injuries still happen. Severe head injuries can lead to death, or the injury can lead to motor or cognitive issues, brain damage or even coma. Helmets are the best way to minimize head injuries, but the injuries sustained can still be life-altering.
- Road rash: When bikers are involved in accidents, they're often thrown from the motorcycle, leading to road rash. Road rash can lead to cuts, scrapes or nerve damage.
- Spinal cord injuries: One of the most serious injuries, a spinal cord injury can lead to loss of movement, loss of organ function and paralysis. Spinal injuries can lead to lifelong complications and mobility loss.
Severe injuries can require physical and occupational therapy, weeks or months in the hospital, and surgery.
Treatment can be minimal for broken bones or cuts, or it can be extensive if you suffer degloving, head or spinal injuries, or extensive damage to your limbs.
Motorcycle accidents require a tough Providence motorcycle accident lawyer who isn't afraid to take on every aspect of your case.
"The number of traffic fatalities in Rhode Island rose by one this year over last year," states Department of Transportation Director Peter Alviti. "Numbers are far below what they were in 2017, when the state, and the nation, experienced a spike in road-related deaths."
Top-Rated Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Louis W. Grande is here to fight on your behalf with an aggressive, relentless stance to take your case on from the moment you call. You or your loved one should stop worrying about your insurance company and start worrying about your recovery.
Insurance companies do not want to pay you or your loved one a fair settlement for a motorcycle accident. Your insurance company is more worried about profits than your well-being. As a leading Providence motorcycle accident lawyer, Louis W. Grande is here to even the playing field and fight back against insurance companies.
If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, call right away to get a free consultation.
You may be entitled to compensation.
What do I do after a motorcycle accident in Rhode Island?
The most critical step any biker can take in the moments following a collision is to get medical treatment for injuries. After an accident, adrenaline is running high and significant injuries may not be immediately apparent. Even seemingly small bruises or minor soreness can hide critical injuries that demand medical attention.
Who is to blame in a motorcycle accident?
Rhode Island is considered a comparative negligence state, meaning that the question of fault is not always the biggest element of a case. Even if a biker contributed to the accident, there is still a chance of recovery. As a result, no injured motorcyclists should ever avoid seeking legal representation just because they think they may be partially to blame.
Should I talk to insurance companies?
The insurance company is not on your side. Claims adjusters know that motorcycle accidents can involve serious, lifelong injuries and cost plaintiffs tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost income. Their one goal is to get you to settle your case as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Avoid speaking to any insurance company — even your own — without an attorney, and never consent to a recorded statement unless specifically instructed to do so by your lawyer.
Do I need to call the police?
Having an authoritative account of the accident details from a law enforcement officer can be a critical element in proving your case in court. If you leave the scene of the accident without getting the other driver’s contact information, you could be left with no recourse. Worse yet, if you leave and the driver stays, the other driver will be able to give a completely one-sided story to the police when they do arrive.
Do I need a Providence motorcycle accident lawyer?
Here's the reality: if you are going up against the insurance company, they will have a legal team behind them. All the insurance company wants to do is get you to settle for the lowest possible amount. If they are offering a number that even sounds enticing, you're likely entitled to far more.
The best thing you can do if you have been in a motorcycle accident is to schedule a free consultation today.
Finding the Best Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Rhode Island is an important decision. The best attorneys are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles motorcycle cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with thes auto insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people in auto accidents and personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following an accident with an injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an accident with injuries resulting is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an injury due to the negligence of another driver, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident or injury. Contact me now for help.
Contact US Today
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990