Slip and Fall
Years of Experience
Have You Been Injured In An Auto Accident In Providence?
Last year, more than 32,000 Americans lost their lives due to car accidents. Although advances in vehicle safety have made driving less deadly, the number of car crashes each year continues to rise. It seems drivers in Providence, Rhode Island, have more distractions than ever before, whether checking a Twitter feed, changing XM radio, or eating a drive-through meal as they navigate traffic. Even the advent of new hands-free devices seems only to be used as an excuse to embrace further distractions. Distractions often lead to life-threatening auto accidents. So, if you've been in a car accident in Providence, contact Louis W. Grande today to schedule your free consultation.
Common Car Accidents and Injuries
It only takes a few moments of diverted attention for a driver to miss a light blinking quickly from green to red. The most common car accidents resulting in injury are rear-end collisions, where a driver fails to stop in time. The driver and passengers of the front vehicle experience are thrown backward and then forward, resulting in whiplash, concussions, and more severe injuries.
T-bone and merge accidents are almost equally common, where one car strikes another broadside. These accidents can be much more serious, resulting in broken bones, traumatic brain injury, and a lengthy recovery with high medical expenses.
The most severe automobile accidents occur when one vehicle, often operated by an exhausted or impaired driver, drifts into the same lane as oncoming traffic. Head-on collisions have the highest rate of fatalities and account for the majority of deadly crashes each year, even though they are among the least common types of car accidents.
Who is responsible?
When individuals do not halt their vehicle at a Rhode Island stop sign or red light, they are jeopardizing numerous lives. Other motorists are the most susceptible to severe injury or even death when people break the law on the road. Even though everyone has lapses in attention and makes momentary mistakes, there is no excuse for the type of failure that results in broken or lost lives.
Insurance companies often pressure car accident victims to use their coverage or settle for a fraction of their actual damages, so many injured victims choose to look for the best car accident attorney Providence offers. As soon as you seek medical attention for your injuries, you should decide what kind of legal representation you need. Automobile insurance companies hire trained professionals—called adjusters—whose sole duty is to settle your case for as low a cost as possible, which is why you need a Providence car accident lawyer to help maximize your compensation.
What Should Accident Victims Do?
While every accident is different, the first few minutes after a collision are critical.
- Call law enforcement. Police's response to an automobile accident provides an independent source of evidence that can be critical in resolving your case. If the other party does not have automobile insurance, the police report may be required to recover from uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
- Collect information. Do not allow the other party to leave the scene without first getting a full name, phone number, address, and insurance information. If possible, photograph the other driver's insurance card and driver's license and email them to yourself immediately.
- Identify evidence. Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the other car, and the surrounding area. If the accident occurred at an intersection, take pictures showing where your vehicle was before and after the collision.
- Find witnesses. It doesn't help your case to have witnesses without contact information. Get their name, phone number, and address if anyone else saw the accident. A photograph of a driver's license or other ID can also be helpful, particularly if your car accident attorney needs to compel them to answer.
Mistakes after an accident are common.
- Admit fault. You may feel bad for the other driver, but it's a severe mistake to admit fault or excuse the other driver's inattention. Anything you say in the minutes after an auto accident can be used against you.
- Leave the scene. You should never leave the accident scene until the police have arrived and taken your statement. If you exchange insurance information and go, the other party can tell the police whatever they want. You could even end up being blamed for the accident.
- Speculate. When you provide a statement to the police, be transparent and honest without any added ideas or notions. Don't try to make excuses for the other driver.
- Give a recorded statement. If any insurance company contacts you and asks to hear about what happened, wait until you speak with an attorney first. Insurance companies want to avoid liability, so they will try to use what you say against you. You should never talk to the insurance company without getting advice from a lawyer.
FAQS About Providence, RI Car Accidents
How do I know if I need a lawyer after a car accident?
Contact a lawyer if:
- You are unable to work because of your injuries
- An accident resulted in severe injury or death of a loved one
- The settlement you received from the insurance company is too low
- There were multiple parties involved in the accident
When should I call a lawyer after an auto accident?
Contact a personal injury lawyer IMMEDIATELY after a car accident. Always speak with your lawyer before giving a statement to your insurance company. A lawyer will advise you with YOUR best interests in mind.
How can I get the most compensation for my car accident?
The most important thing is to document the scene of the accident if you're capable. Deal with authorities, take pictures, obtain witness information, and seek medical treatment if necessary. Contact a Providence car accident lawyer for advice before making a statement to your insurance company.
What happens when you have a car accident, and it's your fault?
Rhode Island is NOT a no-fault state. That means the victim can immediately pursue a claim or lawsuit against the driver at fault as soon as an accident happens and an injury occurs.
Finding the Best Providence Car Accident Lawyer
Hiring a Providence personal injury lawyer is an important decision. The best attorneys can evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your case in advance, and they should always offer a free consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles motor vehicle cases on "contingency" contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and, above all, personal attention to our clients' individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation.
With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries
- Personalized and professional service
Before talking with those auto insurance companies, call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people in auto accidents and personal injuries in Providence, Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following an accident with an injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you. The time following an accident with injuries resulting is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an injury due to another driver's negligence, you could be compensated for your injuries.
We aim to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact of an accident or injury. Contact me now for help.
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990