5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Been Injured in an Auto Accident in Rhode Island?
Last year, over thirty-two thousand Americans lost their lives due to automobile accidents. Although advances in vehicle safety have made driving less deadly, the number of car crashes each year continues to rise. It seems drivers in Rhode Island have more distractions than ever before, whether it is checking a Twitter feed, changing XM radio, or eating a drive-through meal as they navigate traffic. Even the advent of new hands-free devices seems to only be used as an excuse to embrace further distractions.
Common Car Accidents
It only takes a few moments of diverted attention for a driver to miss a light blinking all too quickly from green to red. The most common car accidents resulting in injury are rear-end collisions, where a driver fails to stop in time. The driver and passengers of the front vehicle experience are thrown backward and then forward, resulting in whiplash, concussions, and more serious injuries.
Almost equally common are t-bone and merge accidents, where one car strikes another broadside. These accidents can be much more severe, resulting in broken bones, traumatic brain injury, and lengthy recovery.
The most severe accidents occur when one vehicle, often operated by an exhausted or impaired driver, drifts into the same lane as oncoming traffic. Head-on collisions have the highest rate of fatalities and account for the majority of deadly collisions each year, even though they are among the least common types of accidents.
Who is responsible?
When an individual does not halt their vehicle at a Rhode Island stop sign or red light, they are putting numerous lives in jeopardy. Other motorists are the most susceptible to serious injury or even death when people break the law on the road. Even though everyone has lapses in attention and makes momentary mistakes, there is no excuse for the type of failure that results in broken lives.
Insurance companies often pressure car accident victims to use their own coverage or settle for a fraction of their actual damages, so many injured victims choose to look for the best car accident attorney Rhode Island has to offer. As soon as you seek medical attention for your injuries, you should decide what kind of legal representation you need. Automobile insurance companies hire trained professionals, called adjusters, whose sole duty is to settle your case for as low a cost as possible.
What should accident victims do?
While every accident is different, the first few minutes after a collision are critical. DO:
- Call law enforcement. Police response to an automobile accident provides an independent source of evidence that can be critical in resolving your case. If the other party does not have automobile insurance, the police report may even be required to have recovery from uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
- Collect information. Do not allow the other party to leave the scene without first getting a full name, phone number, address, and insurance information. If possible, take a photograph of the other driver’s insurance card and driver’s license and email them to yourself immediately.
- Identify evidence. Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the other vehicle, and the surrounding area. If the accident occurred in an intersection, take photographs that clearly show where your vehicle was before and after the collision.
- Find witnesses. It doesn’t help your case to have witnesses without contact information. If anyone else saw the accident, get their name, phone number, and address. A photograph of a driver’s license or other ID can also be helpful, particularly if your attorney needs to compel them to answer.
Mistakes after an accident are common.
- Don’t admit fault. You may feel bad for the other driver, but it’s a serious mistake to admit fault or excuse the other driver’s inattention. Anything you say in the minutes after an automobile accident can be used against you.
- Don’t leave the scene. You should never leave the scene of an accident until the police have arrived and taken your statement. If you exchange insurance information and then leave, the other party can tell the police whatever they want. You could even end up being blamed for the accident.
- Don’t speculate. When you provide a statement to the police, be clear and honest without any added ideas or notions. Don’t try to make excuses for the other driver.
- Don’t give a recorded statement. If any insurance company contacts you and asks to hear about what happened, wait until you speak with an attorney first. Insurance companies want to avoid liability, so they will try to use what you say against you. You should never speak to an insurance representative without getting advice from a lawyer.
How do I know if I need a lawyer after a car accident?
Contact a lawyer if:
- You are unable to work because of your injuries
- An accident resulted in serious injury or death of a loved one
- The settlement you received from the insurance company is too low
- There were multiple parties involved in the accident
When should I call a lawyer after an auto accident?
Contact a personal injury lawyer IMMEDIATELY after a car accident. Always speak with your lawyer before giving a statement to your insurance company. A lawyer will advise you with YOUR best interests in mind.
How can I get the most compensation for my car accident?
The most important thing is to document the scene of the accident if you’re capable. Deal with authorities, take pictures, obtain witness information, and seek medical treatment if necessary. Contact a personal injury lawyer for advice before making a statement to your insurance company.
What happens when you have a car accident and it’s your fault?
Rhode Island is NOT a no-fault state. That means as soon as an accident happens and an injury occurs, regardless of the severity — The victim can immediately pursue a claim or lawsuit against the driver at-fault.
Finding the Best Providence Car Accident Lawyer
Hiring a Providence personal injury lawyer is an important decision. The best attorneys are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles motorcycle cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with thes auto insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people in auto accidents and personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following an accident with an injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an accident with injuries resulting is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an injury due to the negligence of another driver, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident or injury. Contact me now for help.