Slip and Fall
Years of Experience
Have You Been Injured by a Faulty Product In Rhode Island?
Up to 300,000 injuries are caused by faulty products every single year. So if you have been injured due to a faulty product you are not alone. If you are suffering from injuries and the financial burden associated, it is important to know that in some cases the product designer, manufacturer, or seller, may be liable for your injuries. An experienced product liability lawyer will be able to take a look at your unique situation and help determine if you may be eligible for compensation.
Common Product Liability Accidents
It is not uncommon for us to hear about defective safety equipment such as airbags, brakes, door latches, and the like. Oftentimes companies will catch these issues right away and issue a recall, but if they aren’t caught it puts tons of people at risk of serious injury and even death.
Another common cause of product liability accidents are toys for children. If something is designed or manufactured incorrectly, it is easy for a small piece to become a deadly choking hazard. Toys aren’t the only thing to worry about. Recently, electronics companies have had issues with products overheating to the point that they can catch fire, thus causing severe burns and injuries. There is no excuse for these types of defects, and the parties responsible need to be held liable.
Who is responsible for a product liability accident?
When it comes to an injury caused by a product defect, there are several parties that could be held liable, depending on the situation. What it all comes down to, however, are the circumstances that caused the product to become dangerous or harmful for use or consumption. Here are the different scenarios for determining who is liable:
- Defective Design - If the design of the product itself is defective, this means that even when used properly and as instructed, the product could cause serious harm and injury. This would mean that the designer could potentially be found liable.
- Defective Manufacturing - If the design of the product is determined to be safe, but there was a mistake in the manufacturing process, it would be considered to have a manufacturing defect. In this case, the manufacturer could be found liable.
- Defective part supplied - If a third party supplier supplies a part that is used in the construction of the product, and if that part is found to be faulty, then the supplier could be held liable.
- Sellers or Distributors - Even though the seller is not involved in the making of the product, they can still sometimes be held responsible. For example, if they store a product incorrectly and that causes it to be dangerous, or if they knowingly sell a product with a defect, they are putting people in harm’s way and may be found liable.
What should product liability accident victims do?
While every product liability case is different, the steps you take after an injury occurs are critical.
- Seek medical attention. If your injuries are severe, don’t wait! Seek emergency medical attention right away. Documenting details of the accident is important, but your life and your health need to come first.
- Collect information. As soon as possible, make sure to take note of all of the product information. Be sure to write down the product name, model, and any identifying information (such as a serial number). If you are not the owner of the product, be sure to get all of the owner’s contact information as well.
- Identify evidence. Take photographs right away of your injuries as well as the product itself. Make particular note if you can visually see the defect, and make sure to document it. These pictures will help to visually outline the cause of the accident and will be immensely helpful to your attorney.
- Find witnesses. If anyone else was present when the injury occurred, get their name, phone number, and address and make sure to email them to yourself right away. A photograph of an ID can also be helpful, particularly if your attorney needs to compel them to answer.
What is an example of product liability?
A product liability case is when a product causes severe injury or even death, due to no fault of the user. A small piece of a toy causing a child to choke, an airbag not deploying, or a cellphone battery catching fire are all examples of potential product liability cases.
How do I sue a company for faulty goods?
The first step to filing a lawsuit for a faulty product is to speak to a product liability lawyer. They will be able to review your case and determine if the faulty product is grounds to file the suit.
What are three types of product defects?
The three main types of product defects are design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects. Determining what type of defect is at fault in your case is a crucial step because it helps determine which party can be held liable.
CALL NOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED
"If you have been injured, you may be entitled to compensation. The only way to know for sure is to call now. "
Finding The Best Providence Product Liability Lawyer
Hiring a Providence product liability lawyer is an important decision. The best product liability attorneys are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles product liability cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
– Steve H.
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Product Liability Lawyer, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with any insurance company, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of people injured in product liability accidents and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a product liability accident with an injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following a product liability accident with resulting injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an injury due to a faulty product, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following a product liability accident or other injury. Contact me now for help.
Contact US Today
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990