5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Herniated Disc In Rhode Island?
Herniated discs are more common than you may think - about 2% of adults will suffer from a herniated disc each year. While many times herniated discs are caused by excessive strain over time, many are due to an accident caused by the negligence of another person. Car crashes, slips and falls, and workplace injuries are all common causes of herniated discs - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a herniated disc, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Herniated Disc Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Herniated Disc
There are 23 discs in the human spine, and thus 23 possibilities for a herniated disc. There are three types of disc herniations that may occur.
- Contained Herniation - Also referred to as a protrusion or bulging disc, this is when the nucleus of the disc between two vertebrae is flattened and then sticks out on the side.
- Non-Contained Herniation - Also known as a disc extrusion, this is when the nucleus is ruptured and causes compression on adjacent nerves. This is the most common type of disc herniation.
- Sequestered Herniation - The most severe type of disc herniation, this is when a piece of the nucleus completely breaks through the disc and ends up trapped in the spinal canal.
Who is responsible for a herniated disc?
Responsibility for a herniated disc depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a broken bone is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. Herniated discs most commonly occur after a long period of time, however, they can sometimes be caused by an individual event. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes someone to suffer a herniated disc, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in herniated discs?
Herniated discs can have a variety of causes. Most often, they are caused over time as the material breaks down due to strain. Sometimes, however, accidents caused by the negligence of another person can result in a herniated disc, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents can easily be enough to cause a herniated disc. If you are hit in a specific way it can cause disc displacement.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Motorcycles are the cause of many types of injuries. Since you are not as protected as you are in a car, getting into a motorcycle accident can even more easily result in a herniated disc.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall. These types of accidents can cause you to fall in a way that could cause disc displacement.
- Workplace Injuries - Since herniated discs are commonly caused by excessive strain over time, or by lifting more than your back can handle, it is an injury commonly caused on the job.
Is a herniated disc a serious injury?
A herniated disc can be a very serious injury with long-lasting implications. A herniated disc can be very painful and quite difficult to heal. Due to the pain, you may be almost completely immobile and unable to conduct your normal day to day work and activities.
Can you sue for herniated disc?
If another person causes you to suffer a herniated disc, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. For example, if someone causes a car accident which results in your herniated disc, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a herniated disc?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a herniated disc due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a herniated disc lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Herniated Disc Attorney
Hiring a Providence herniated disc attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your herniated disc personal injury case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles herniated disc personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE HERNIATED DISC ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Herniated Disc Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with herniated discs and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting herniated discs or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a herniated disc or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a herniated disc or other injury. Contact me now for help.