5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Back Injury In Rhode Island?
It is estimated that 80% of adults will suffer from a back injury at some point in their lifetime. While many of these back injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes and slips and falls are common causes of back injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a back injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Back Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Back Injuries
Your back is made up of more than just bones. There is also muscle, tendons, and other tissue. This means there is a lot of opportunity for something to get injured. There are three main types of back injuries that you may see.
- Sprains/Strains - this happens when your back is overstretched and you tear a tendon, causing the surrounding area to become inflamed.
- Herniated Discs - Your discs act as cushions between your vertebrae, and when one becomes damaged it is known as a herniated disc.
- Fractured Vertebrae - This is when one of the actual bones in your back gets broken - this can be an incredibly serious injury since the bones are what support your back and protect your spinal cord.
Who is responsible for a back injury?
Responsibility for a back injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a back injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a back injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in back injuries?
Back injuries can have a variety of causes. Lifting something a bit too heavy may be the most common cause people think of. Some incidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are very common cause of back injuries. Whiplash and otherwise being jostled around in a car crash can cause severe, long-lasting injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Back injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is nothing protecting your body from being struck by a vehicle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall. These types of accidents commonly cause back injuries.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including severe back injuries.
How do you know if a back injury is serious?
Back injuries can be extremely serious. If you have any back pain, shortness of breath, numbness, or pins and needles in your arms or legs it could be a sign of a serious injury. Seek medical attention right away if your back has been injured.
Can you sue someone for a back injury?
If another person causes you to suffer a back injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally injures your back, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a back injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a back injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a back injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Back Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence back injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your back, or other personal injury, case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles back and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE BACK INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Back Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with back injuries and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting back injury or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a back injury or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a back injury or other injury. Contact me now for help.