Slip and Fall
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained An Abdominal Injury In Rhode Island?
It is estimated that 12.5 million people will visit the hospital for abdominal pain each year. While many times this pain is caused by an ailment or a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes and slips and falls are the two most common causes of blunt trauma abdominal injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered an abdominal injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Abdominal Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Abdominal Injuries
Most abdominal injuries can be classified into one of two categories
- Blunt Trauma - When someone suffers a direct blow to the abdominal area. This is commonly seen in car accidents when the force of the accident causes a person to slam against their seatbelt. Blunt abdominal injuries are also common in sports (such as being hit by a ball) or when falling from a great height. Blunt abdominal trauma can cause internal bleeding and severe damage to the internal organs in the area.
- Penetrating Trauma - When an object breaks through the skin and penetrates the abdominal area. Car accidents can cause a penetrating abdominal injury if a piece of the car breaks free and punctures the victim’s body. Severe damage to organs and blood loss are two of the biggest concerns with this type of injury
Who is responsible for an abdominal injury?
Responsibility for an abdominal injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for an abdominal injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes an abdominal injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in abdominal injuries?
Back injuries can have a variety of causes. Some incidents are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are a very common cause of abdominal injuries. The blunt force when someone slams against their seatbelt can easily cause an abdominal or internal injury.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Abdominal injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is nothing protecting your body from being struck by a vehicle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall. The impact of a fall can cause blunt trauma abdominal injury or if someone lands on something, it could cause a penetrating abdominal injury.
What are the signs and symptoms of an abdominal injury?
The signs and symptoms of an abdominal injury will depend on the type of injury that was sustained. Bleeding, bruising and visible punctures or tears to the skin in the abdomen are obvious signs. If nothing is visible, nausea, vomiting, and severe pain are also signs of abdominal injury.
Can you sue someone for an abdominal injury?
If another person causes you to suffer an abdominal injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally causes your injury, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for an abdominal injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from an abdominal injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with an abdominal injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Abdominal Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence abdominal injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your abdominal, or other personal injury, case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles abdominal injury and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE ABDOMINAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Abdominal Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with abdominal injuries and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting abdominal injury or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an abdominal injury or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving an abdominal injury or other injury. Contact me now for help.
Contact US Today
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990