5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Spinal Cord Injury In Rhode Island?
It is estimated that upwards of 17,000 spinal injuries occur every year. While many of these serious injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes, motorcycle accidents, and slips and falls are common causes of spinal cord injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with a loss of income. An experienced Providence Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Different Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are two main types of spinal cord injuries, an incomplete spine injury, and a complete spine injury. In a complete spinal injury, there will be a total loss of all motor and sensory functions below the level of the injury. An incomplete spinal injury, however, some function will remain below the level.
These days, incomplete spinal injuries are more common, thanks to increased knowledge of what to do following the injury. Some of the most common types of incomplete spinal cord injuries include:
- Anterior Cord Syndrome - This injury consists of damages to the front of the spinal cord and will cause damage to the sensory and motor pathways
- Central Cord Syndrome - This injury is caused by damages to the center of the spinal cord and will cause loss of motor skills
- Brown-Sequard Syndrome - This particular injury is caused by damage to one side of the spinal cord, resulting in greater loss of movement and sensory function to that side of the body.
There are a number of different labels that are used in association with spinal cord injuries depending on the seriousness and the location of the injury. Three of the most common are:
- Tetraplegia - Sometimes known as quadriplegia, this injury generally causes some level of paralysis to all 4 limbs. The higher on the cervical spinal cord that the injury occurs will result in more serious symptoms.
- Paraplegia - These injuries result in the loss of movement and sensory function of the lower part of the body. The closer to the top vertebrae that the injury occurs, the more severe the symptoms.
- Triplegia - Usually caused by an incomplete spinal injury, triplegia causes the loss of motor and sensory functions in one arm and both legs.
Who is responsible for a spinal cord injury?
Responsibility for a spinal cord injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a spinal cord injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a spinal cord injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in spinal cord injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can have a variety of causes. Sports-related accidents are a common cause, particularly amongst younger people. Some incidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. The impact of a car accident is very hard on a person’s back when they are jostled around, and this can cause a severe spinal cord injury.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Spinal cord injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is nothing protecting your body from being struck by a vehicle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Falls are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries in older patients. Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including severe spinal cord injuries.
What is the most common cause of spinal cord injury?
The most common cause of spinal cord injuries in the US is auto accidents (primarily car accidents and motorcycle accidents). Falls are also a very common cause amongst the elderly, and sports-related accidents are common for younger patients.
Can you sue someone for a spinal cord injury?
If another person causes you to suffer a spinal cord injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally injures your spinal cord, such as in a car accident they caused, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a spinal cord injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a spinal cord injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a spinal cord injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence spinal cord injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your spinal cord or other personal injury case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles spinal cord and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Attorney Grande is very professional, knowledgeable, honest and very kind. Thank you for everything you have done to help the Hispanic Community.
If I could give Louis more than 5 stars I would. He fought for my rights and helped me through a very difficult time, and is always there if I need legal support.
I had the pleasure of working with Attonrey Louis W. Grande. His honesty and integrity is refreshing! Thank you for all of your help and patience with regard to my case!
Mr. Grande is a great attorney. He got my case solved right away. We won! He is friendly, always available, straight forward, and precise! He knows what he is doing. I strongly recommend him!
Louis is a dedicated Lawyer who has your best interest at heart. He will work hard for you to get what you deserve. Highly recommended! He has helped myself and my family several times.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE SPINAL CORD INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Spinal Cord Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with spinal cord injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting spinal cord or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a spinal cord or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a spinal cord injury. Contact me now for help.
Contact US Today
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990