5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Hip Injury In Rhode Island?
Hip injuries are one of the most common causes of hospitalization in adults over the age of 65, and they are also prevalent amongst younger adults. While many of these hip injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident or wear and tear over time, some are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes and slips and falls are some of the most common causes of hip injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a hip injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Hip Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Hip Injuries
Your hips are one of the most commonly used joints in your body, and injuries can cause lots of pain and immobility. Four of the most common hip injuries are:
- Hip Fractures - when the hip bone is broken, generally due to a fall or other great impact.
- Hip Dislocation - when the femur slips out of the hip socket, often caused by a major force such as a car accident.
- Labral Tear - when the cartilage around the hip joint is torn, often caused by a twisting motion like what might happen in a slip and fall accident.
- Bursitis - when the bursae (fluid-filled sacs that reduce friction) become inflamed, commonly caused by either repetitive small trauma over time, or one more serious impact.
Who is responsible for a hip injury?
Responsibility for a hip injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a hip injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s hip injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a hip injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in hip injuries?
Hip injuries can have a variety of causes. Wear and tear over time may be the most common cause people think of. Some incidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are a common cause of hip injuries. The impact involved in the crash can cause a fracture or other hip injury.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Hip injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is nothing protecting your body from the impact of being struck by a vehicle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall. These types of accidents commonly cause hip injuries either from the impact of hitting the ground or from twisting the body in a way that causes injury.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including hip injuries that can cause lasting pain.
How do I know if my hip pain is serious?
Some hip pain is merely uncomfortable, while other pain is indicative of a more severe medical situation. Seek medical attention right away if you experience any of the following:
- Deformity in the joint
- Severe, excruciating pain in the hip
- Sudden swelling
- Inability to move your leg or hold weight on your leg
- Signs of infection (such as fever, hot and red skin, etc)
Can you sue someone for a hip injury?
If another person causes you to suffer a hip injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally injures your hip, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a hip injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered a hip injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a hip injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Hip Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence hip injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your hip, or other personal injury, case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles hip injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE HIP INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Hip Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with hip injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting hip injury is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a hip injury or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a hip injury. Contact me now for help.