5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained An Eye Injury In Rhode Island?
It is estimated that 2.4 million eye injuries occur in the United States every single year. While many of these eye injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes and slips and falls are some of the most common causes of eye injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered an eye injury or loss of vision, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with a loss of income. An experienced Providence Eye Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Eye Injuries
Your eyes are very fragile. They are protected by your skull and your eyelids, but there is still a very real possibility of eye injury in just about any accident. There are several possible types of eye injuries, some much more serious than others. Here are some of the most common eye injuries.
- Foreign body in the eye - This could be anything from a grain of sand to a piece of glass. The seriousness of this injury depends on what the object is, and whether it has penetrated the eye, or if it floating in the eye socket.
- Traumatic iritis - The iris is the colored part of the eye that contains the muscle that controls the opening and closing of the pupil. If the iris is inflamed (usually due to blunt force trauma) it is called traumatic iritis.
- Corneal abrasions - The cornea is the clear layer that covers the eye. A corneal abrasion occurs when the cornea is scratched. Generally a minor injury, these abrasions usually heal on their own.
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage - This is when blood pools in the white part of the eye. Often caused by a blow to the eye, it can also sometimes happen spontaneously. The hemorrhage itself is not usually a severe injury, but it can accompany more serious issues.
- Chemical burns - Chemical burns occur when a chemical (usually in the form of a liquid) is splashed into the eye. This can be as mild as sunscreen or hairspray, or it can be a very serious injury if a much stronger chemical or acid gets into the eye.
- Orbital fractures - This is when the bones surrounding the eye break. These bones protect the eye and if they are broken it often means the eye itself has also sustained a very serious injury.
- Lacerations - Depending on where the laceration occurs, these can be very serious eye injuries. In particular, a laceration to the cornea or the sclera may require surgery to fix.
Who is responsible for an eye injury?
Responsibility for an eye injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for an eye injury, or injury resulting in loss of vision, is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes an eye injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in eye injuries?
Eye injuries can have a variety of causes. Getting hit with a projectile (like while playing a sport) may be the most common cause people think of. Some incidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are a common cause of eye injuries. An impact to the eye or shattered glass hitting the eye are just some of the ways people may lose vision due to a car accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Eye injuries are all too common in motorcycle accidents since there is often only a helmet protecting your face.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Falling is the top cause of eye injury, particularly in older patients. An impact to the head that could be sustained in a fall, is often enough to cause significant injury to the eye.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including severe eye injuries.
What indicates an eye injury is serious?
Eye injuries can be extremely serious. If you have severe pain, redness, excessive watering, or any loss of vision, you should seek medical attention right away.
Can you sue someone for an eye injury?
If another person causes you to suffer an eye injury or lose your vision, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally injures your eye or causes your loss of vision, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for an eye injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from an eye injury or loss of vision due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with an eye injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Eye Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence eye injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your eye, or other personal injury, case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles eye and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Attorney Grande is very professional, knowledgeable, honest and very kind. Thank you for everything you have done to help the Hispanic Community.
If I could give Louis more than 5 stars I would. He fought for my rights and helped me through a very difficult time, and is always there if I need legal support.
I had the pleasure of working with Attonrey Louis W. Grande. His honesty and integrity is refreshing! Thank you for all of your help and patience with regard to my case!
Mr. Grande is a great attorney. He got my case solved right away. We won! He is friendly, always available, straight forward, and precise! He knows what he is doing. I strongly recommend him!
Louis is a dedicated Lawyer who has your best interest at heart. He will work hard for you to get what you deserve. Highly recommended! He has helped myself and my family several times.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE EYE INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Eye Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with eye injuries and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with a resulting eye injury or any other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer an eye injury or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving an eye injury. Contact me now for help.