Slip and Fall
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Burn Injury In Rhode Island?
It is estimated that 450,000 people are hospitalized for burn injuries every year. While many of these burn injuries are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes and defective products are common causes of burn injuries - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, chances are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Burn Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Different Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are caused by more than just fire. There are six main types of burn injuries that you may see, all with different causes.
- Friction Burns - When a hard object rubs off a portion of your skin. Very common in motorcycle accidents (also referred to as road rash).
- Cold Burns - Generally though of as frostbite, this is when you come into contact with something extremely cold, or are exposed to cold temperatures for a long period of time.
- Thermal Burns - What people generally think of when they hear “burn”. Thermal burns are caused by extremely hot surfaces, temperatures, and of course, fire.
- Radiation Burns - Most people will only deal with one kind of radiation burn - and that is a sunburn.
- Chemical Burns - When a strong chemical comes in contact with your skin and dissolves it.
- Electrical Burns - Touching an exposed wire or otherwise coming in contact with an electrical current will cause an electrical burn.
Who is responsible for a burn injury?
Responsibility for a burn injury depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a burn injury is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a property owner doesn’t fix exposed wires which causes a fire resulting in someone’s injuries, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a burn injury, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in burn injuries?
Burn injuries can have a variety of causes. Accidentally grabbing a baking dish fresh out of the oven, or hitting your calf against a hot part of your motorcycle are some common causes of minor burns. Some incidents, however, are much more severe and are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are a common cause of burn injuries. Car crashes can cause the fuel in the car to ignite, thus causing severe burn injuries for anyone in the car.
- Premise Liability - Hanging wires, failure to meet fire codes, and hazardous chemicals are all possible causes of burn injuries that may happen on someone else’s property.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, including severe burn injuries.
How common are burn injuries?
Burn injuries are incredibly common. In the United States alone, each year over a million people will require medical assistance for a burn injury.
Can you sue someone for a burn injury?
If another person causes you to suffer a burn injury, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally or unintentionally burns you, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a burn injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a burn injury due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a burn injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Burn Injury Attorney
Hiring a Providence burn injury attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your burn injury, or other personal injury, case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles back and other personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE BURN INJURY ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Burn Injury Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with burn injuries and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting burn injury or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a burn injury or other serious injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a burn injury or other traumatic injury. Contact me now for help.
Contact US Today
100% Confidential. No fee or cost unless you win your case.
Proudly Serving All of Rhode Island Since 1990