5 Star Reviews
Perfect AVVO Rating
Years of Experience
Have You Sustained A Broken Bone In Rhode Island?
Each year over 6 million Americans break a bone and on average each American will suffer from at least two broken bones in their lifetime. While many of these broken bones are caused by a truly unavoidable accident, many are due to the negligence of another person. Car crashes, slips and falls, and dog attacks are all common causes of broken bones - and causes that could be prevented. If you or a loved one has suffered a broken bone, chance are you are seeing medical bills pile up and may even be dealing with loss of income. An experienced Providence Broken Bones Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Fractures
There are 206 bones in the human body, and thus 206 possible broken bones. But some fractures are far more common than others. Collarbones, forearms, ankles, wrists, and shins are the most common bones to break, but when they do, the type of fracture will determine the seriousness of the injury. There are seven main types of bone fractures that may occur.
- Greenstick Fracture - An incomplete fracture where the bone is not completely broken
- Transverse Fracture - The break occurs in a straight line right across the bone
- Spiral Fracture - Most common in a twisting injury, like what might occur in a slip and fall accident, this is when the fracture occurs down the length of the bone
- Oblique Fracture - A break that occurs diagonally across the bone, most commonly seen in long bones in the arms or legs.
- Compression Fracture - When the bone is crushed, making it wider and/or flatter than normal.
- Comminuted Fracture - A break that causes the bone to be in three or more pieces, and there are also fragments of bone present.
- Segmental Fracture - Where one bone is broken in at least two places, thus causing a segment to be floating, unattached to any other part of the bone.
Who is responsible for a broken bone?
Responsibility for a broken bone depends on many factors. The easiest way to determine who is responsible for a broken bone is to determine who is responsible for the incident that caused it. If a reckless driver is distracted by their cell phone and hits a pedestrian, they would likely be found responsible for that person’s injuries. Likewise, if a product malfunctions and causes a broken bone, there would be a possible product liability case where the product manufacturer or designer may be held responsible.
What types of accidents result in broken bones?
Broken bones can have a variety of causes. We are all familiar with instances of a child falling off the monkey bars, or someone taking a tough fall while skiing and winding up in a cast. Some accidents, however, are caused by the negligence of another person, and in these situations, you may deserve compensation.
- Car Accidents - Car accidents are very common cause of broken bones. While just about any bone could break in an auto accident, the most common include collar bones, vertebrae, pelvis, and femur bones.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Even if you take every safety precaution while riding a motorcycle, an accident can still cause severe injuries. Arms, legs, and collarbones are all very common, and if you aren’t wearing a helmet you run the risk of a skull fracture.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - Icy sidewalks, wet supermarket floors, and uneven floors can all cause someone to fall. These types of accidents commonly cause broken ankles, wrists, and tailbones.
- Dog Bites - Dogs have incredibly strong jaws and if they fight hard they can easily break someone’s arm or leg.
- Product Liability - If a product is not designed or manufactured correctly, it can cause serious injuries, even including broken bones.
Is a broken bone a serious injury?
A broken bone can be a very serious injury depending on the situation. A severely broken bone can be difficult to heal, and if it doesn’t heal correctly it can cause additional long-term medical issues. Infection, floating bone fragments, and damage to the surrounding tissue are all additional concerns when it comes to bone fractures.
Can you sue someone for breaking your arm?
If another person causes you to suffer a broken bone, either through their negligence or through their intentional actions, they could be held responsible. If someone intentionally breaks your arm, there may be the possibility of taking them to court in order to get compensated for your medical bills and other associated costs.
Is it worth it to hire a lawyer for a broken bone?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a broken bone due to the negligence or actions of someone else, it is always worth it to at least discuss your case with a broken bones lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to assess your case and provide you with advice as to how you should proceed.
Finding The Best Providence Broken Bones Attorney
Hiring a Providence broken bones attorney is an important decision. The best lawyers are able to evaluate your case quickly and provide advice so you can make an informed decision. No attorney should ever pretend to know the exact value of your broken bone personal injury case in advance, and you should never pay for an initial consultation. The law office of Louis W. Grande handles broken bone personal injury cases on “contingency” contracts, meaning that you never pay unless we win your case.
AWARD WINNING INJURY LAWYER
Louis W. Grande is a top-rated, award-winning Providence personal injury lawyer that has helped clients throughout the state of Rhode Island for the last 30+ years recover millions in compensation for personal injury claims. Have you been injured? Call today for a free case evaluation.
Attorney Grande is very professional, knowledgeable, honest and very kind. Thank you for everything you have done to help the Hispanic Community.
If I could give Louis more than 5 stars I would. He fought for my rights and helped me through a very difficult time, and is always there if I need legal support.
I had the pleasure of working with Attonrey Louis W. Grande. His honesty and integrity is refreshing! Thank you for all of your help and patience with regard to my case!
Mr. Grande is a great attorney. He got my case solved right away. We won! He is friendly, always available, straight forward, and precise! He knows what he is doing. I strongly recommend him!
Louis is a dedicated Lawyer who has your best interest at heart. He will work hard for you to get what you deserve. Highly recommended! He has helped myself and my family several times.
Louis is an amazing attorney! He fights hard to get you what you deserve and he doesn’t give in. You couldn’t ask for a better lawyer to represent your interests and I can’t recommend him enough!
TOP-RATED PROVIDENCE BROKEN BONES ATTORNEY
Louis W. Grande is committed to providing quality legal representation and above all, personal attention to our clients’ individual needs. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown Providence on historic Smith Street, there is never a charge for an initial consultation. With evening and weekend appointments available, when your personal problems call for an experienced Rhode Island Broken Bones Attorney, our firm is ready to assist you.
- No fee or cost unless we win your case.
- Receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Personalized and professional service.
Before talking with the insurance companies, be sure to call our office. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aggressively defend the rights of injured people with broken bones and other personal injuries in Rhode Island. We will keep you updated on the status of your claim at all times while explaining the process and what you can expect following a personal injury. We are fully committed to getting the most money we can for you.
The time following an incident with resulting broken bones or other injuries is stressful, and we are here to offer you our legal support by fighting aggressively to defend your rights. No matter your legal situation, if you suffer a broken bone or other injuries due to the negligence of another person, you could be compensated for your injuries.
Our goal is to get you the compensation you and your family deserve to relieve the financial impact following an accident involving a broken bone or other injury. Contact me now for help.