A dog bite can cause permanent injuries and scars
Dog attacks or bites can cause significant injuries and can leave us with scars for life. Dog attack or bite laws in the State of Rhode Island hold the dog owner responsible for injuries or bites.
If you live in Rhode Island and have been attacked or bitten by a dog, immediately call a lawyer who concentrates in defending dog bite victims for a free consultation.
What rights do you have if a dog bites you in Rhode Island?
If you have been bitten by a dog in Rhode Island you may be entitled to the following:
- Medical care
- Surgery to rebuild in case of deformation or tearing of the skin
- Treatments and rehabilitation
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for lost wages
- Lifetime permanent disability care
- Funeral expenses in case of death from dog bite
A dog bit me. What can I do?
What to do if a dog bites you in Rhode Island
To file a complaint or take legal action against the owner of the dog that bit you, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Take the personal data of the owner of the dog that bit you . Take a picture of the ID and ask for his phone number
- If you can, take a picture of the dog that bit you.
- Try to gather information and testimony from possible witnesses of the attack. Having witnesses can help you get compensation in the future.
- Go to the doctor immediately so your injuries don’t get worse.
- Take photos with your mobile phone of injuries. It is important that you take photos of the wounds before being intervened to be able to use them as evidence of the damage suffered.
- If you call the police, keep the police report. Having a police report can help your case in case of a lawsuit.
- Save all medical receipts or diagnoses. Do not lose any receipt from the doctor, it could help your case as proof of the interventions to which you have had to be subjected because of the bite.
- Talk to a dog bite lawyer in Rhode Island. The best way to defend yourself is to file a complaint with a lawyer concentrated in these types of cases.
Do I need a lawyer to defend myself after being bitten by a dog?
If you have serious injuries and want to file a complaint, you need a lawyer concentrated in dog bites. If the dog owner has insurance, the insurance will try to pay you as little as possible for your injuries, and they will try to prove that your injuries are not serious. That’s why you should speak with a Rhode Island dog bite lawyer to protect your rights and fight for fair compensation for your pain, suffering and injuries.
If you or a family member of yours has been bitten by a dog, and you suffer injuries, talk to one of our Louisgrande.com lawyers for your free consultation! Call us at 401-351-8000.